WEZC Online Meditation
ZOOM MEETING ID# : 780-881-596
Join us for weekly meditation online:
- Sunday from 8:30-9:00 am Pacific Time (U.S.).
- Tuesday from 5:30-6:00 am Pacific Time (U.S.)
Meditation is hosted by by various sangha members using “Zoom” videoconferencing. You can see the precentor/host and other participants on your computer, tablet, or smart phone screen – and we can see you, if you choose.
Sunday Morning Online Schedule
8:25 – Meeting available on Zoom
8:30– 9:00 Zazen
9:00 – Chant Kesa Verse, Precious Mirror Samadhi
9:05 – Greeting and end of meeting
Tuesday Morning Online Schedule5:25 – Meeting available on Zoom
6:00 – Chant Kesa Verse, Harmony of Difference and Sameness
6:06 – Greeting & end of meeting
Feel free to join or leave the meditation at any time. It’s nice if you make a small bow (hands in gassho, or “prayer” position) when you join and before you leave.
Zoom is a free download and easy to use. You can use it on your phone, iPad, tablet or laptop. Here's how:
1. Get the App
- On tablet or smartphone, go to the App Store on your device (iTunes or GooglePlay) and download Zoom.
- On a laptop or desktop computer, go to https://zoom.us/download and download “Zoom Client for Meetings.”
2. Install the app, following the prompts and open it
2. Join the meeting
At the appointed meeting time click "Join a meeting"
3. Enter Meeting ID
On the Join a Meeting screen, type in the Meeting ID for WEZC’s meditation session: 780-881-596
4. Choose your meeting settings
(1) Type in the name you want displayed with your video feed or icon during the meditation. Ideally, use your first name and your city or country so we know where you are!
(2) If you need to keep silence, you may want to choose “Don’t Connect to Audio” (you won’t be able to hear anything, including the bells for meditation).
(3) If you would prefer not to be seen, choose “Turn Off My Video.” You will still be able to see others, and they will see you as a generic icon along with your name.
Note: your video and audio settings can also be adjusted once you are in the meeting.
Note: if you meditate with us regularly and don’t want to have to type your name every time, you may want to Sign Up for Zoom. It’s a free account, and it let’s you decide what your username is. Then you can “Sign In” before joining each meeting.